Saturday 23 October 2010

Sugar Rush

This week I've been living on orange chocolate chip cupcakes with a Betty Crocker chocolate fudge frosting.

It was a last minute midnight baking session which resulted in pies, tortes & both mini & normal sized cupcakes and it was beautiful. I'm not going to post the cupcake recipe because it needs work and to be honest it's a very standard batter with added chocolate chips and orange essence (I wasn't confident in the real oranges on offer at Tesco for taste)

You'll see that the picture I've posted is of some free form mini cupcakes. It was these colourful creations that inspired me to buy a proper baking sheet which arrived this morning. So we laugh a little and then say good bye to free form cupcakes!

Also, on a sub-note I'm loving the Betty Crocker chocolate fudge frosting. It's better than anything I could whip up last minute at my current level of skill so is a great cheat! I am determined to perfect a from scratch version though. Just maybe not when I'm baking at 1am...

No comments:

Post a Comment